Broccoli and roasted cauliflower
When I need a quick and easy vegetable side dish that my family will love, I make this Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower recipe. Garlic, Parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs add so much flavor to vegetables, and I always have these ingredients on hand. This dish is easy, and goes with anything, like pork chops, air fryer chicken strips, fish florentine, and more. If you want something simpler, you might also like this Roasted Cauliflower or Roasted Broccoli recipe. For more roasted vegetables, try roasted carrots with feta, roasted mushrooms, roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash.
Why you’ll love this Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli recipe?
- Salty: Vegetables gain a rich flavor when roasted with garlic and Parmesan.
- easy: Mix everything together and toast on a baking tray.
- fast: Once the vegetables are prepared, it only takes a few minutes to season them before putting them in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. You can finish your rest While they are cooking.
- correct: Broccoli and cauliflower are full of fiber and low in calories and carbohydrates. They are great sources of vitamin C, folate, and many other vitamins and minerals.
- Goes with any meal: Roasted cauliflower and broccoli is a classic side dish that can be used as a side dish to meat, pasta, soup, and more.
- vegetables: You will need four heaping cups of broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- garlic: Peel four large cloves of garlic, and cut them into thin slices.
- oil: Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the broccoli and cauliflower.
- salt To season vegetables
- Bread crumbs: Toss the flowers with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Parmesan: Sprinkle half of the grated Parmesan over the vegetables before baking and the other half as soon as you take the tray out of the oven.
How to roast broccoli and cauliflower
- to equip: Make sure the oven rack is positioned in the middle, then preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a paper tray with oil.
- season: Place the vegetables in a bowl with the garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the breadcrumbs and half the Parmesan. We distribute the mixture on the sheet pan.
- How long to cook broccoli and cauliflower: Cook the vegetables for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. They are ready when the florets are soft and crunchy and brown at the edges.
- Serves: We take the tray out of the oven, and decorate it with the remaining cheese before serving.
- vegetables: Feel free to use all cauliflower or all broccoli. You can also use this recipe with other vegetables, such as broccolini, thinly sliced carrots, or Brussels sprouts.
- heat: Top with some red pepper flakes for a little spice.
- Bread crumbs: If you don’t have seasoned bread crumbs, season plain bread with onion powder, garlic powder, and dried herbs.
- spices: Add other spices, such as onion powder, whole grain bread, or dried herbs, such as parsley or oregano.
- Feed more or less people? Double or cut the recipe in half, depending on how many people you’re serving. If doubling the recipe, place the vegetables on two baking sheets so they don’t crowd.
What to serve with roasted broccoli and cauliflower?
- Meat: Salisbury steak, air fryer pork chops, garlic roast beef
- Poultry: Grilled chicken breasts, turkey meatloaf
- Seafood: Parmesan and herb salmon, flounder piccata, and spicy French shrimp
- Starchy aspects: Crispy baked baby potatoes, lentil salad, instant rice, maple roasted butternut squash, baked potatoes.
How to store roasted broccoli and cauliflower
Grilled vegetables are best eaten hot after they are cooked. However, you can keep leftovers for up to four days in the refrigerator and reheat them in the microwave, air fryer, or oven until warm. Leftover cauliflower and broccoli would be good in a grain bowl with quinoa, farro, or brown rice and your favorite protein.
Which cooks faster: broccoli or cauliflower??
Cauliflower can take a little longer to cook than broccoli. That’s why it’s important to make sure your florets are cut small and about the same size until cooking time.
Why is my roasted cauliflower tough?
If the cauliflower is tough, it has not been roasted long enough. We put it back in the oven for a few minutes and then taste it again.
What is the relationship between cauliflower and broccoli?
Broccoli and cauliflower are both flowering members of the cabbage family known as cruciferous vegetables.
More broccoli and cauliflower recipes you’ll love
- Broccoli and cauliflower salad with capers in lemon dressing
- Roasted broccoli with parmesan
- Whole roasted baby cauliflower
- Roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with mint yogurt
- Sheet Pan Turkey and Broccoli Meatloaf
Roasted broccoli and cauliflower recipe
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust the rack in the middle of the oven. Spray a paper tray with oil.
Place the vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, bread crumbs and half of the Parmesan cheese, and stir well to coat.
Spread on a baking sheet and roast in the center of the oven until vegetables are tender and crisp and brown on the edges, turning halfway through, about 20 to 30 minutes.
When the vegetables are cooked and brown at the edges, remove them from the oven and cover them with the remaining grated cheese. Serve hot.
The last step:
Please leave a rating and comment to let us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue to provide you with free, high-quality recipes.
- Cauliflower recipes
- Egg-free recipes
- He falls
- gluten free
- Kid friendly
- Fasting-friendly recipes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Weight Watchers – WW Recipes
Featuring delicious, healthy, low fat, family-friendly recipes. At Skinnytaste, you’ll find healthy dishes that don’t sacrifice any of the flavor that can be found in their full-fat origins.